Milestone: Finally under 200 lbs

Options
jrkingery
jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
For the first time in at least a decade (maybe 15 years) I've dropped below 200 pounds, 199.5 as of this week's weigh in.

I started my journey in November of last year at 270 lbs. I was motivated after a trip to Alaska last summer where I was sidelined from many of the activities because I simply couldn't handle the physical exertion and high altitude (I'm a Florida native and have spent most of my life near sea level).

MFP has been an integral part of my weight loss strategy since I don't restrict what I eat so much as how much I eat calorie-wise. As the weight has come off I've stepped up my exercise routine. I started by just walking at least 10K steps per day and climbing (walking) 5 flights of stairs 4 days a week. Now I'm running three days a week, lifting weights three days a week with one day off from exercise. I'm very close now to the weight I was at 20 years ago when I was discharged from the Army and in almost as good physical shape as I was then.

To all of those just beginning your journey, chin up, keep at it and you will see results. Just look at my profile pictures for living proof. MFP works in conjunction with a decent exercise program.

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Awesome story! Way to go!
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!! :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I found that going to the gym alone wasn't dropping the weight for me. It was only after starting to use this site, that the weight started to drop off. This site has made all the difference for me!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!! :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!