Getting Started

Options
Burandt80
Burandt80 Posts: 37 Member
Anybody know of any good full body gym routines for losing weight and toning? I've been out of the gym for awhile and need to start fresh

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I would start at the gym. Go make an appointment with a trainer. In person - it's a lot easier to assess where you need to work on the most and what kind of exercises you should be doing.

If your gym doesn't have trainers on site, or they charge more than what you're willing to pay, go online.
    Look up "beginner whole body transformation" workouts. There are literally 1000's of them. Scroll through them until you find one that meets your needs (how long is the workout, how many days a week, do I have access to the equipment mentioned in the workout plan).

Also, don't use the word toning. It's a big pet peev of a lot of trainers as there isn't such a thing except in magazine and infomercial ads. Tell them that you want to lose fat and define your muscles.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating less. Log your food in your food diary and hit your calorie goal every day.

I too hate the word "toning" :s