Why do I feel more safe/confident posting on MFP than on other social media platforms? lol

Options
On MFP, I posted my profile picture, sent friend requests, replying to other people's posts/discussions, joined a group...all things I don't do on other social media platforms. Anyone else with me? Or am I alone on this island. lol ;)

I log in daily and somedays have it open all day long (sometimes months go by when I log onto FB).

Would love to connect with people who log in daily too or at least regularly. Add me so we can support each other on this journey. =)

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I like it because there's no one I know in real life. I like to be pretty private on social media like Facebook, sites that I have friends and family attached to (and that possible employers have access to). They do not have my same goals, posting about my morning exercise is bound to get annoying to most of them. What I post may or may not have a lasting affect on how they think of me, and I'm not comfortable with that. I have a lot of different types of friends and family and like to keep my posts fairly neutral. Here, I don't really have to worry about it. Yeah, if I post an unpopular opinion, I might get negative feedback, but I know either way there will be a discussion involved. And most people won't see me two weeks later and try and call me out on anything, lol. (I know that does happen to some repeat posters, usually trolls, but I like to feel like I still have my anonymity!)
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like it because there's no one I know in real life. I like to be pretty private on social media like Facebook, sites that I have friends and family attached to (and that possible employers have access to). They do not have my same goals, posting about my morning exercise is bound to get annoying to most of them. What I post may or may not have a lasting affect on how they think of me, and I'm not comfortable with that. I have a lot of different types of friends and family and like to keep my posts fairly neutral. Here, I don't really have to worry about it. Yeah, if I post an unpopular opinion, I might get negative feedback, but I know either way there will be a discussion involved. And most people won't see me two weeks later and try and call me out on anything, lol. (I know that does happen to some repeat posters, usually trolls, but I like to feel like I still have my anonymity!)

I totally agree and can relate to you. =)
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I post progress pics on social media but haven't posted pics on here yet...