Macros for Chalean Extreme?

Options
There are three phases, and she doesn't give macros for any of them. I also want to drop ten pounds and I don't know how much deficit to calculate.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't go on diets with "phases", oh, just don't go on diets, period.

If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less, but do it consistently, and for a long time. If you only have ten pounds to lose, expect then to come off slowly, and to be patient and accurate. If you have used MFP's calorie goal, you can always adjust that; if you haven't, it's a good start. Whatever macro split you choose, you can't eat more and lose faster.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    There are three phases, and she doesn't give macros for any of them. I also want to drop ten pounds and I don't know how much deficit to calculate.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Put your stats into mfp and choose a weekly goal to lose half-a-lb per week. Macros don't directly affect your weight loss, but finding the right macro balance for you can help you feel full on less calories. I try to make sure I'm getting enough protein to help with muscle repair, plus it helps me personally with satiety.

I love Chalean Extreme, it's a great program. I usually do 2 complete cycles then do something else for a couple of months, but always end up back with CE. Have fun!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it doesn't make much sense to follow those program 'diet plans' because they don't really take into account how much you have to lose or what your general activity level is.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it doesn't make much sense to follow those program 'diet plans' because they don't really take into account how much you have to lose or what your general activity level is.

Just wanted to second this. I have done a bunch of beachbody programs, but I never follow the included diet plan. They are usually very generalized, and I find them to not be enough calories, especially if you are working out hard. They are all pretty similar, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are actually a one-size-fits-all diet cooked up by beachbody and then the individual trainers include some meals or recipes they like. Feel free to use some of the menu suggestions if they sound yummy, but I'd rely on mfp for your eating and just focus on the workouts.