Friends with 100+ to lose?

Hi there! I've been using MFP for several years now, but I haven't been active on the boards before. When I started out, I weighed over 550 lbs -- over the past couple of years, I've lost 227 lbs of that, but still have about as much to go. I'd like some friends who also have "extreme" weight-loss goals (although I'm not absolutely limiting friends to that).

I did have weight-loss surgery (VSG) about 10 months ago, but prior to that I had lost about 130 pounds on my own. I see it as just another tool in the arsenal -- it helps (for now, 18 month grace period) in limiting the amount of food I can eat at any one given time, but it's possible, and quite easy, to cheat it (trust me, I know!). The work of weight loss still has to be done by me, and I believe it's mostly mental: overcoming "fat brain."

Anyway, if you have a lot to lose (or a little, I don't mind), shoot me a friend request. What do you have to lose? ;-)

Replies

• mishelperez
    mishelperez Posts: 4 Member
    Been overweight since high school. Im now 35 yr old turning 36 on the 25th of this month. My heaviest is 282lbs,now im weighing 278lbs and still have lots to lose. I only have 1 child and still aiming to have 1 more thats why i need to trim down my weight. Hope we can motivate each other. We can do this! Will add u.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Congrats on the weightloss!
    My goal is 135 to be at a healthy weight for my height. My highest weight has been 210. I was 155lb in March, but now 170lbs ):

Did you have any skin removal surgery?