Manage macros?

Options
How do you all manage your macros? Some days I get all my targets, others days I'm under or over in areas. Does anyone have a plan that they follow everyday to meet and not go over/under? Is that being too restricting?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I pre log my days and play around with quantities until it works
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I completely ignore them. I've got enough to go on with tracking calories - I don't need another variable at this point. I suppose I'd pay more attention if my doctor told me to, or if I was doing some crazy fitness stuff, but she hasn't and I'm not, so I don't.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I eat a reasonably balanced diet, make sure to hit/exceed my protein goal and don't worry about it beyond that. I usually end up somewhere in the neighborhood of 40c/30p/30f (give or take 5-10%), which is close enough for me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

...And yet again, i do the same thing as you @livingleanlivingclean :lol:

OP pre-logging my day is the first thing i do every morning, sometimes i do it the night before. As said above, if i'm lacking, i tweak things to get to the numbers i want. I'm most concerned with hitting my protein and then fat and let carbs fall where they may.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'm not as good as livinglean -- I've never been one to pre-plan. But in a way, I guess I do have a strategy that works mostly. I always have a cup of Greek yogurt for breakfast, then I shoot for 120 ounces of protein for lunch and dinner, I try to eat lots of veggies and a little bit of fruit, and I have one substantial serving of fat like 1/2 an avocado or 2T of nut butter or olive oil on salad. Since I'm doing low carb, I'm not concerned about trying to reach a carb goal. If it's under 70 I'm happy. Once you get into a certain pattern of eating, the macros kind of line up automatically.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

...And yet again, i do the same thing as you @livingleanlivingclean :lol:

OP pre-logging my day is the first thing i do every morning, sometimes i do it the night before. As said above, if i'm lacking, i tweak things to get to the numbers i want. I'm most concerned with hitting my protein and then fat and let carbs fall where they may.

I do the same!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I keep an eye on protein, fat takes care of itself, and carbs fall where they may.

Additionally, I replaced Sugar and Sodium in my diary with Fiber - hitting my fiber goal really helps with satiety - and Iron - I'm anemic.