restaurants nutritional information not available

Options
I recently ate out at a couple of places where the nutritional information is not available.

How in the world can I possibly enter those meals in.

Replies

• Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can use the info on the site to make a reasonable estimate. I notice you just joined recently, it does get easier the more you log.
    I like eating out in places that have the work done for me though :smile:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    a lot of them are already in MFP, if not just go by the best closest thing you ate
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Personally I try to stay away from any restaurant that provides nutritional information. Generally people try an equivalent or guess.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Can you not roughly estimate how much of what you ate? 1/2 cup of beans, 2cups of pasta...whatever it was. It won't be correct, but better than nothing, maybe. Add a 'quick add calories' to cover sauce/oil/butter intake that may not have been as visible.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I tend to guess the size/weight of the meat/carb/veg and add the sauce (if there is any) as close as possible, then add a few tsp of oil just to cover my bases.

I also tend to, when at a restaurant without nutritional info, try to order something easier to track, like a steak and veg - usually the weight of the steak is already on the menu.