New friends for motivation :)

Options
I'm a huge yo-yo dieter. There's times I've been 180 (wayy back in high school), then 230, then 250.. etc. Eventually my weight settled at around 225-ish over this year. I dropped it all the way down to 210 so far (the drop could have been a miscalculation so now i'm counting), and now I decided to use fitness-pal. I'm hoping to use the calorie-cut as a lifestyle thing where I eat healthy but smart, and mix in my favorite foods once in a while within calorie-range so I no longer feel bad about cutting junk food cold turkey.

I would love motivation so that I can maintain this lifestyle and also reach my goal and maintain it :) If there's anyone who has the same goals or also wants to motivate each other, feel free to add me :)

Replies

• noah49822
    noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do it! i started FMP at 210 lbs with a goal of 170lbs. SO far I am down 20 lbs only calorie counting. almost no exercise!
  • nathinds
    nathinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm also a yo-yo dieter but I've recently had a serious health scare so I'm now newly motivated. Anyone can feel free to add me and hopefully we can motivate each other.
  • marylou6792
    marylou6792 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • SecularVegan
    SecularVegan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a little advice. As someone who thought calorie counting was the solution, it's not. Believe me. You don't have to give up delicious foods either. I eat like a king everyday now. Much more food and much higher quality. I finally LOVE myself again. And I LOVE food even more, lol. Now I eat to live instead of the other way around.
    You don't need will power. You don't need to run laps. You don't need to eat lettuce only. You can reverse your problems so easily, you'll be kicking yourself for not finding out sooner.
    Watch 'What the health' on netflix or read The Starch Solution. There's hundreds of other resources on this subject I'm referring to, but those are my favorite and in my opinion, the best.
    I promise that if you stick to the way of eating mentioned in this literature you will: Lose weight, feel more energetic, have a clearer mind, desire healthy foods over junk, curb cravings and reduce your hunger.
    You can do this!
    Message me if you need help, I want everyone to find true health and happiness. <3
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    I have a little advice. As someone who thought calorie counting was the solution, it's not. Believe me. You don't have to give up delicious foods either. I eat like a king everyday now. Much more food and much higher quality. I finally LOVE myself again. And I LOVE food even more, lol. Now I eat to live instead of the other way around.
    You don't need will power. You don't need to run laps. You don't need to eat lettuce only. You can reverse your problems so easily, you'll be kicking yourself for not finding out sooner.
    Watch 'What the health' on netflix or read The Starch Solution. There's hundreds of other resources on this subject I'm referring to, but those are my favorite and in my opinion, the best.
    I promise that if you stick to the way of eating mentioned in this literature you will: Lose weight, feel more energetic, have a clearer mind, desire healthy foods over junk, curb cravings and reduce your hunger.
    You can do this!
    Message me if you need help, I want everyone to find true health and happiness. <3

Interesting... I'll check it out :) So far though, this has been working out for me and I can even eat junk food on low calories as long as I don't surpass the limit XD