Dear people with abs... advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    What does it take to start to see abs? I know I have a long way to go... I'm a 5'9" female at approximately 145 lbs and 20% body fat. My macros average out to be around 45% carbs, 30% protein, and 25% fat.

If you could give one or two pieces of advice to help tone that middle, what would they be? Thanks in advance!

okay, well idek if i qualify for advising you - no sixpack and i don't care for that look so i'm not chasing them too hard either. but i weigh 135ish at 5'3", and i don't have to do very much to make it obvious that i have obliques.

so if that's worth anything, i think it's mostly from doing overhead press and front squats. pullups and chins would be my choice for the rectus abdominus part - i've only ever worked on the negatives but they've always hit me there much harder than planks every did.

• myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    I was about to talk... then I realized... I don't have abs myself XD gg
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Eat at deficit until desired bf.
    I tend to stay lean no matter what. I don't really target them, but compound lifts like squat, bench, dead, ohp do hit them pretty good. Especially if beltless.
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Abs are overrated. Now biceps... that's where it's at! Get yourself some cannons!

Definitely. The guns are activated :-)