Alcohol: Calorie Counts?

Options
I'm going on a trip and drinking a bit. Anyone know the calorie counts? All I know is rum is lower in calories and I don't mind eating 1k calories and leaving the last 500 (of my 1500 limit) for alcohol (then probably coffee or water for the hangover, basically no calories, or 10 for the coffee).

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Most of the alcohol I have checked out is in the database. For "hard alcohol" most often I would know the brand, for wine, I tend to use the generic entries. The tricky bit is actually tracking the amount you are drinking properly (especially when said amount increases).
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to take a shot glass or measuring cup with you to track whiskey/rum properly.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to take a shot glass or measuring cup with you to track whiskey/rum properly.

Or, if you're out, you can ask the bartender how much they're including in each drink.
  • marmstrong414
    marmstrong414 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The few times I've needed this information, I was able to find it on the manufacturer's websites.

Calories from booze adds up quick, but the real problem I've had, personally, is that drinking gives me the munchies!

Have a great trip!
  • rickdkitson
    rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The mix, either soda or fruit juices can easily be as many calories as the alcohol.

Whiskey either neat or a little ice is my drink.
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bourbon, neat, weekends only and I count every drop. Watching the calories add up, guilts me into drinking less.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Vodka seems to be average of 60-70 calories a serving. Champagne at 90-100 calories.
    But I think you're biggest challenge will be the chaser, not the liquor itself. Were you planning on diet soda?
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    Stacyines wrote: »
    Vodka seems to be average of 60-70 calories a serving. Champagne at 90-100 calories.
    But I think you're biggest challenge will be the chaser, not the liquor itself. Were you planning on diet soda?

Yeah, not the healthiest, but it helps with reaching the calorie limit XD I guess i'll try hard 1-3 servings hard liquor and diet soda. Just hope I'm not too out of it and end up eating a crap ton of garbage -.-
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    The mix, either soda or fruit juices can easily be as many calories as the alcohol.

Whiskey either neat or a little ice is my drink.

I'll probably just get my own bottle and mix it with a diet soda then before I go to the bar and drink it XD Probably saves a lot of money too
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend vodka. Lower cals, lower carbs, IIRC. Also, less of a hangover from less residual sugar in the alcohol. Rum gave me terrible hangovers. I'm a former "problem drinker" so I've tried them all.