Stopped loosing weight

Options
I seemed to have stopped loosing weight. I eat very healthy...watch my carbs...eat between 1000 and 1200 cal a day. I do not drink alcohol, no red meats, hardly any meat at all. Kind of following a plant based diet. I move alot at work. I started doing aerobics at home and gained weight. Getting very discouraged.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing? Was that the same time you began working out?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    snibbets1 wrote: »
    I seemed to have stopped loosing weight. I eat very healthy...watch my carbs...eat between 1000 and 1200 cal a day. I do not drink alcohol, no red meats, hardly any meat at all. Kind of following a plant based diet. I move alot at work. I started doing aerobics at home and gained weight. Getting very discouraged.

None of the bolded make any difference to weight loss in the long term, what does make a difference is how accurately you are calculating your calories eaten/burned. You won't necessarily see a loss every week, so have to echo @malibu927's question of how long is it since you have seen a loss?

Also worth referring to the below..

hrpoxx2j3n7f.jpg
  • snibbets1
    snibbets1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    About 5 days..I actually gained back 2lbs.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Then keep doing what you're doing (though I would suggest hitting 1200 each day and not undereating). Weight loss isn't linear and you aren't going to lose every day, or even every week.
  • snibbets1
    snibbets1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    snibbets1 wrote: »

You did not gain fat on 1000-1200 calories. If you ate 3,500 calories above your maintenance calories, that would have caused 1 pound of weight gain. However, when you start a new exercise routine your body can hold onto water weight (sore muscles hold water). My guess is that's what you are experiencing.

1200 is the minimum recommended for women to help meet nutritional goals.