Best Veggie Burgers?

Options
2»

Replies

• 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Juniper210 wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of the Morningstar Farms Grillers PRIME burgers. They are really tasty. Trader Joe's makes a Tomato Basil Pizza Veggie burger that tastes great.

I also love the original gardenburger cooked up to be really crispy on the outside.

Do you know if Trader Joe's has other kinds? Love that store.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the Morningstar Farms Grillers PRIME burgers. They are really tasty. Trader Joe's makes a Tomato Basil Pizza Veggie burger that tastes great.

I also love the original gardenburger cooked up to be really crispy on the outside.

I like those too!
  • Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    76Crane76 wrote: »

@76Crane76 They have a thai sweet chili one which is really good and a quinoa cowboy burger that I haven't tried. Oooh and the vegetable masala burger, I haven't bought that one in a while but it's fantastic if you like indian flavors.
  • SecularVegan
    SecularVegan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dislike most store bought burgers. I always make my own using a can of dark red kidney beans and just over half a can of sweet kernel corn. You can make about 6 patties with that and it only costs like... $2? I just smash them all up together and fry up some delicious burgers. Topping it with sweet onions, green onions, romaine lettuce, and tomato if I'm feelin fancy. Lol.
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    A few people mentioned Beyond Meat - I've heard the Beyond Burger is amazing, but I've only had their Beast Burger.

I think the Beast Burger is the best veggie burger I've ever had in 20+ years of being veg! I can only imagine how good the Beyond Burger must be. :)
  • 76Crane76
    Options
    Thank-you everyone, I have many many options here to keep me on track for my Monday night meal and hopefully will add additional meals.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Beyond Meat's Beyond Burger

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-08%20at%203.58.39%20PM.png
  • 76Crane76
    Options
    Where would I find Beyond Meat at the grocery store? With the regular hamburger? Couldn't find it but I did find Trader Joe's pizza burger. Fabulous!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Where would I find Beyond Meat at the grocery store? With the regular hamburger? Couldn't find it but I did find Trader Joe's pizza burger. Fabulous!

I have not yet seen it at a regular grocery store (I live in the Midwest), I get it at Whole Foods.
  • 76Crane76
    Options
    Oh ok I do not shop at whole foods but I will go now!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I dislike most store bought burgers. I always make my own using a can of dark red kidney beans and just over half a can of sweet kernel corn. You can make about 6 patties with that and it only costs like... $2? I just smash them all up together and fry up some delicious burgers. Topping it with sweet onions, green onions, romaine lettuce, and tomato if I'm feelin fancy. Lol.

@SecularVegan Those sound fab and so simple, thanks! Do you use dark red kidney beans for the consistency or merely preference. I was thinking of trying black beans but would like to know before hand if the kidney beans work better. I usually use beans interchangeably but.. wanted to ask.

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

@76Crane76 They have a thai sweet chili one which is really good and a quinoa cowboy burger that I haven't tried. Oooh and the vegetable masala burger, I haven't bought that one in a while but it's fantastic if you like indian flavors.
    Gotta agree, they are fantastic, I found a recipe for them online, I'll dig it up and share on here for anyone interested.

Oh lucky me, I noticed just now I have a box in my freezer! These are great hot or cold, broken up and tossed in rice with veggies.

• Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Morning star chipotle black bean burgers are the best I have ever found.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have some the" bubba" veggies burgers- they taste pretty decent and have good macros- would love the recipe to make my own as well-
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Gardein makes a grilled vegan hamburger and a chipotle black bean one. Both can be found at regular grocery stores. If you have Kroger, check there for the Beyond Meat patties. I saw them at nine, but omg they were expensive.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Beyond meat is frozen, there's usually a whole vegetarian section.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options

The Beyond Burger is in the refridgerated meat section, other Beyond Meat burgers, chicken strips and crumbles are in the frozen section. It is sold at Whole Foods. Other places from the website are Wegmans, Safeway, Ralphs, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, HyVee, Raley's. But not each and every location apparently.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm not inclined to vegetarianism at all, love meat. But the Trader Joe's veggie burgers are all fantastic.