Adventurer trying to get her groove back

Options
Hi all! My names katie and I'm here to start my weight loss journey so that I can get back to doing what I love!

Not so very long ago I used to be a competitive equestrian and a keen hiker. Then due to my asthma and allergies my motivation to improve had waned and I began to get lazy. To top it off I had turned to boredom eating and not paying attention to my nutritional intake and I very quickly found myself gaining weight.

As it stands now I am currently 84kg (185.3 pounds) and I am very unfit. I am sleeping poorly and I struggle with anxiety. I would turn a blind eye to what was happening to me and refused to see myself as overweight but it dawned on me that I well and truly am. My rude awakening occured to me recently when I was in the change room of a local department store and saw myself from every angle. My weight and all it's "glory" was staring me straight in the face.

I know that something needs to change. I have come here in hopes that I can get a better insight into how to eat better, look after myself and hopefully make some new friends along the way!

As I have just started out on my journey any advice, tips or motivation friends would be greatly welcomed, and I hope that soon I'll find myself in a position to help someone else starting on their journey :)

Replies