Keto newbie!

Options
Hi all, just starting the Keto!
It's a mind field of information with it all - will
Slowly but surely get there any extra info is indeed a help!
Will take time to browse through the LC forums on here.
Happy for friends and insight in food diaries.
Having a LC HF diet is very unlike me. Always had a high protein, low fat diet - with high carbs for running! Yikes.
Scary but promising! *fingers & toes crossed!*

Replies

• puttingGodfirst
    puttingGodfirst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been off and on the keto wagon for a while, but have finally decided how much better I feel when doing it, plus it really works. Good luck!!
  • alexandriashannon
    alexandriashannon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto for three weeks now and love it!
  • samcockrell
    samcockrell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto from a year. I have dropped crazy body fat and my gains have never been better. After you become keto adapted running is just fine. Your slow twitch muscle that you use for running runs off of ketones.
  • sarahbecks_
    sarahbecks_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a fellow keto-er. I've been keto for about 6 weeks now, and loving it. I used to have a really bad sweet tooth, but now I very rarely crave sugar and carbs. It's been a great experience thus far, down 20lbs!

Welcome!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Oolinds
    Oolinds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies!
    So far so good. A little confusion on my macros and net carbs on MFP App..... am sure I'll get there eventually!
    Appreciate the contacts.