Starting...oh boy.

Options
Hi!
I'm Abbey, and I live in Duluth, Minnesota. I have about 80 lbs I need to lose. My family and I went to a wedding this weekend and the pictures I looked at made me so embarrassed, I've never been so heavy in my life!

I'm married to my wonderful husband of 11 years and we have 2 young kids. You'd think they would keep me active, but the depression and anxiety that I have plaguing my life keeps me from moving and doing anything productive.

I've tried to slightly alter my eating habits and feel like I'm making progress with the "less is more", but I'm not seeing results.

Here we go! Any tips?
Abbey

Replies

• lizcomeback8108
    lizcomeback8108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First and foremost I applaud you for wanting to get healthy I can relate it takes alot of courage and woman you got it:) Just breathe and take it day by day it did not take you one day to gain all this weight and it sure will not take 5 to loose it all. This is a fun lifesytle change/journey there will be some bumps in the road but whatever you do NEVER GIVE UP!!! This is were friends and others who support you play a big role:) Log everything good and bad no matter if your under or over once you see how much and what your eating your whole mindset will change. Drink tons of water and even if you take the kids out and play, for walks or put some music on and over that is exercising. You will learn what works for you and know we are all different. The weight will come off be patient and know your body has to get use to this lifestyle change of eating better and moving:)

I have a 2 year old and a wonderful fiance and I eat what they eat just in moderation. I do not deprive myself or have restricitons. I enjoy life and damn it have fun:)
    I am here if needed keep pushing forward and do not give up!!! Stay off the scale and measure yourself, the scale can be the devil aka a lie sometimes!!