Motorsheen wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Beer and football

wait.

IPAs?

and more importantly ...... which team?

Never met a beer I didn't like, and the only team....The Vikings of course

Ha.

My wife traveled to Minn for a Monday Night Football gave against the Cowboys last year.

I saw her on television.

One of the very few times I've seen her cry was when the Viking's kicker shanked a gimme field goal against the Seahawks in a playoff game a couple of years ago.

Yeah, she's a Vikings fan.

That game was a heartbreaker.

For people who cared.

True Vikings don't have feelings.

Our daughter is on the phone: "They're going to win! they're going to win!"

Trophywife is standing behind the sofa, leaning forward in anticipation of a playoff win for the Vikings.

I'm thinking: It's only 27 yards and actually a shorter distance kick than an extra point attempt...... However (capital H in However).... it is outside, it's cold, the Seahawks almost blocked the last field goal attempt and might have gotten into the kicker's head and most importantly, we're watching a team that is notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

As we all remember, the kick sails horribly to the left; it's not even close.

Trophywife can't believe it, spins around and open hand slaps the wall. Our son begins to laugh as a shoot him a glance of "shut the F%$* up".

Trophywife quickly gains her composure and with misty eyes says: "It's my own fault for having any faith in the Vikings. I should have learned my lesson years ago."

With that, she quietly leaves the room.

For the record, they aren't my team. I wish them well, but feel sorry for their fans, I damn sure do.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Beer and football

wait.

IPAs?

Ha.

My wife traveled to Minn for a Monday Night Football gave against the Cowboys last year.

I saw her on television.

One of the very few times I've seen her cry was when the Viking's kicker shanked a gimme field goal against the Seahawks in a playoff game a couple of years ago.

For people who cared.

Trophywife is standing behind the sofa, leaning forward in anticipation of a playoff win for the Vikings.

I'm thinking: It's only 27 yards and actually a shorter distance kick than an extra point attempt...... However (capital H in However).... it is outside, it's cold, the Seahawks almost blocked the last field goal attempt and might have gotten into the kicker's head and most importantly, we're watching a team that is notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Trophywife can't believe it, spins around and open hand slaps the wall. Our son begins to laugh as a shoot him a glance of "shut the F%$* up".

Trophywife quickly gains her composure and with misty eyes says: "It's my own fault for having any faith in the Vikings. I should have learned my lesson years ago."

For the record, they aren't my team. I wish them well, but feel sorry for their fans, I damn sure do.

I feel a bond with your wife. Give her a firm handshake from me. No hugs, too stoic for that *kitten*.
  • _Quad_Zilla
    _Quad_Zilla Posts: 3 Member
    pretty much to live, pay taxes and die
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Beer and football

wait.

IPAs?

Ha.

I saw her on television.

For people who cared.

I feel a bond with your wife. Give her a firm handshake from me. No hugs, too stoic for that *kitten*.

will do...

I'll also include a lil' swat to her backside

gotta keep her honest.
  • Motorsheen
    pretty much to live, pay taxes and die

yeah, that pretty much sums up what it's all abou....

wait.

pay taxes ?

ut oh.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Food
  • theritestuff
    theritestuff Posts: 101 Member
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Death.

Death is what makes life relevant. If you were to live forever life would have no meaning.

We're all going to die. All this is temporary. It's a beautiful thing.
  • Motorsheen
    lizery wrote: »
    Death.

All this is temporary. It's a beautiful thing.

12.jpg
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    The meaning of life is to find meaning in it.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    x5xeciw0cl7i.jpg
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    2vlzgt09gfn8.jpg
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited August 2017
    The Meaning of Life = 42 - [the Meaning of the Universe] - [the Meaning of Everything].

Gerrit right!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    A complicated question with (what I hope is) a simple answer.... be kind to others, do no harm, and find what makes you smile.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    It's many different things to many different people, and nothing at all to others.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    2vlzgt09gfn8.jpg

I take issue with this.

Life is not soft.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    ^^^This