Motorsheen wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Beer and football

wait.

IPAs?

and more importantly ...... which team?

Never met a beer I didn't like, and the only team....The Vikings of course

Ha.

My wife traveled to Minn for a Monday Night Football gave against the Cowboys last year.

I saw her on television.

One of the very few times I've seen her cry was when the Viking's kicker shanked a gimme field goal against the Seahawks in a playoff game a couple of years ago.

Yeah, she's a Vikings fan.

That game was a heartbreaker.

For people who cared.

True Vikings don't have feelings.

Our daughter is on the phone: "They're going to win! they're going to win!"

Trophywife is standing behind the sofa, leaning forward in anticipation of a playoff win for the Vikings.

I'm thinking: It's only 27 yards and actually a shorter distance kick than an extra point attempt...... However (capital H in However).... it is outside, it's cold, the Seahawks almost blocked the last field goal attempt and might have gotten into the kicker's head and most importantly, we're watching a team that is notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

As we all remember, the kick sails horribly to the left; it's not even close.

Trophywife can't believe it, spins around and open hand slaps the wall. Our son begins to laugh as a shoot him a glance of "shut the F%$* up".

Trophywife quickly gains her composure and with misty eyes says: "It's my own fault for having any faith in the Vikings. I should have learned my lesson years ago."

With that, she quietly leaves the room.

For the record, they aren't my team. I wish them well, but feel sorry for their fans, I damn sure do.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Beer and football

wait.

IPAs?

Ha.

My wife traveled to Minn for a Monday Night Football gave against the Cowboys last year.

I saw her on television.

One of the very few times I've seen her cry was when the Viking's kicker shanked a gimme field goal against the Seahawks in a playoff game a couple of years ago.

For people who cared.

Trophywife is standing behind the sofa, leaning forward in anticipation of a playoff win for the Vikings.

I'm thinking: It's only 27 yards and actually a shorter distance kick than an extra point attempt...... However (capital H in However).... it is outside, it's cold, the Seahawks almost blocked the last field goal attempt and might have gotten into the kicker's head and most importantly, we're watching a team that is notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Trophywife can't believe it, spins around and open hand slaps the wall. Our son begins to laugh as a shoot him a glance of "shut the F%$* up".

Trophywife quickly gains her composure and with misty eyes says: "It's my own fault for having any faith in the Vikings. I should have learned my lesson years ago."

For the record, they aren't my team. I wish them well, but feel sorry for their fans, I damn sure do.

I feel a bond with your wife. Give her a firm handshake from me. No hugs, too stoic for that *kitten*.
  • _Quad_Zilla
    _Quad_Zilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    pretty much to live, pay taxes and die
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Beer and football

wait.

IPAs?

Ha.

I saw her on television.

For people who cared.

I feel a bond with your wife. Give her a firm handshake from me. No hugs, too stoic for that *kitten*.

will do...

I'll also include a lil' swat to her backside

gotta keep her honest.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    pretty much to live, pay taxes and die

yeah, that pretty much sums up what it's all abou....

wait.

pay taxes ?

ut oh.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Food
  • theritestuff
    theritestuff Posts: 101 Member
    Options
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Death.

Death is what makes life relevant. If you were to live forever life would have no meaning.

We're all going to die. All this is temporary. It's a beautiful thing.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Death.

All this is temporary. It's a beautiful thing.

12.jpg
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The meaning of life is to find meaning in it.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    x5xeciw0cl7i.jpg
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    2vlzgt09gfn8.jpg
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The Meaning of Life = 42 - [the Meaning of the Universe] - [the Meaning of Everything].

Gerrit right!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    A complicated question with (what I hope is) a simple answer.... be kind to others, do no harm, and find what makes you smile.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It's many different things to many different people, and nothing at all to others.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    2vlzgt09gfn8.jpg

I take issue with this.

Life is not soft.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options