Switching to vegan but higher carb concern?

Options
2»

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I ate vegan for a week (last week as it happens), carbs weren't particularly high for me (but I don't do low carb anyway) but there was a lot of fats/oils to get my Calories up (I eat 2000-2500 a day).
    Carbs were in the 200-260g range and I still lost 4lb that week (was on a bootcamp week with lots of exercise and a personalised meal plan, my usual rate of loss is 0.5-1lb week)
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your input. It gave me a lot of ideas & things to research more.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to say, beans and plants are better for protein. Meat is full of fat, cholesterol and nothing healthy. With veganism, you need to increase your food intake to get your calories. No need to add fat/oil! People fail at veganism because they don't eat enough. They come from a diet full of fat and stodge and eat salads. Veganism is so much more than that. Add me if you like. :)

Meat has nutrients beyond fat (which is also a necessary micronutrient). I'm a big proponent of veganism, but I think we represent it best when we keep things factual. Meat can provide iron and B vitamins.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to say, beans and plants are better for protein. Meat is full of fat, cholesterol and nothing healthy. With veganism, you need to increase your food intake to get your calories. No need to add fat/oil! People fail at veganism because they don't eat enough. They come from a diet full of fat and stodge and eat salads. Veganism is so much more than that. Add me if you like. :)

Fat isn't bad for you though.