Feeling Weak

I've been using MyFitnessPal since early February of this year and have lost almost 35 lbs. Within the last month though, I feel like I have no energy and can barely complete a workout. I'm a 5'5" female at 130 lbs (My profile should be open for viewing). I know the problem is that I should probably be eating more, but I'm worried that this will make me gain weight. These last 10-12 pounds have been so stubborn in coming off that I have to be extremely diligent each day or the scale won't budge or it'll even increase for no apparent reason, which has become very frustrating. Even if I eat at or slightly under my calorie goal, but I go to bed feeling even a little bit full, I won't lose weight. What gives? I just want my strength back, but without the plateau that I'm worried would come with eating more.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I've been using MyFitnessPal since early February of this year and have lost almost 35 lbs. Within the last month though, I feel like I have no energy and can barely complete a workout. I'm a 5'5" female at 130 lbs (My profile should be open for viewing). I know the problem is that I should probably be eating more, but I'm worried that this will make me gain weight. These last 10-12 pounds have been so stubborn in coming off that I have to be extremely diligent each day or the scale won't budge or it'll even increase for no apparent reason, which has become very frustrating. Even if I eat at or slightly under my calorie goal, but I go to bed feeling even a little bit full, I won't lose weight. What gives? I just want my strength back, but without the plateau that I'm worried would come with eating more.
    Congrats on your loss. You already know what the problem is. (See bold.)
    What are your MFP settings? With 10 lbs to lose, it should be set at .5 per week.
    How many calories does MFP give you? At .5 per week it is prob 1500-1800.
    How many calories are you eating? Eat your MFP goal and half your exercise cals. Even if you think you "feel full".
    How are you measuring your food? Use a food scale for the best accuracy.

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    Let your mindset be that a slow downward trend is good. Why not aim for losing half a pound a week? Being at an ideal weight and feeling fatigued all the time really isn't a good trade off. Don't be afraid of food. You need to eat something to fuel your workouts, obviously! I found that adding in certain foods like scrambled eggs, cheese, nuts and avocados have helped sustain my energy levels for workouts.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Your body is screaming at you to eat more. Put maintenance into MFP and check the calories it gives you. Go to maintenance for a week or two. Then come back to 0.5 # a week weight loss. There's no rush. You've done great and are nearing maintenance. You really really really want to get a handle on how to maintain your weight loss for the long haul. Look at this as practice. And, listen to your body!