Bloating Issue

Options
Question: I am 5"5' and about 100 lbs. I eat a lot of veggies and lean proteins. I drink coffee and water and an occasional a sparkling water. I know I eat under my calorie budget but I seem to be bloated 99% of the time. Is there something (non-medical, I have already had that checked) that could be causing this? I am not lactose or gluten intolerant!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your weight is very low so you will have a low body fat % (BMI of around 17)

Could you not just be confusing your bodies digestion with bloating? Our tummies do stick out a little after eating to process our foods.

Did your Dr question why you are such low weight and trying to eat at a deficit still?
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Check your BMI. You might be underweight. Stop exercising so much and up your calories.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If you're 100 pounds at 5'5", you're already underweight. Are you sure you are actually bloated, or are you dealing with an unrealistic idea of what a normal belly looks like? Is this an issue of bloat, or dysmorphia?

Alternatively, how low is your intake? Is this the bloating of malnutrition?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Check your BMI. You might be underweight. Stop exercising so much and up your calories.

There's no "might" about it.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Upon looking at some other threads, I'm putting my money on malnutrition now.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Definitely malnutrition.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    sad :/
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Ok especially since she has lost 20 lbs since February and admits anorexic past which is more like anorexic present.http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/38821873
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I suggest you run far, far away from this forum and seek the help that you obviously need.
    The road you are on will not lead to anywhere good and I speak from personal experience.
    I hope you find your way out of your eating disorder as you do not want to one day be looking back on years of wasted life and health.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Get off of MFP and seek professional help, please. Please.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I looked at your food diary. It looks like you almost a year eating under 1,000 calories a day. Some days were only 200 or 300. I hope that is not right. With a lot of exercise.
    There is no fat in the diet which can cause constipation and bloating. https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-your-diet-can-make-you-bloated-even-with-good-nutrition
    I suspect you weigh less than 100, but you did not want to tell.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You need to consult a therapist and a nutritionist. A friend of mine died from anorexia. Bloating may be the least of your worries.