Need Advicee... Menopause Weight Gain

Options
Hi! I have been feeling totally embarrassed by my weight gain over the last year. I have gained 15 lbs. I am also in menopause. What I used to do is just not working. I'm not binging on sweets or anything like that it just seems my metabolism has come to a. Grinding hault. In the past I could always lose weight by going low carb but everything I read giving different advice. Have you had more success counting calories or carbs? Grateful for any insight, tips or tricks. Thx

Replies

• Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Did you find out anything helpful? I’m 44 and in perimenopause. I have put on 10 pounds. I used to be able to drop the weight so quickly and now it’s barely moving. I eat 1200 calories a day of healthy food and have one cheat day a week where I eat my favorite dessert and go out to dinner with my family. It is the only day I drink two beers. I work out for one hour, five days a week and have a dog that I walk 3 times a day. I have a Fitbit and try to make 15000 steps which I do on most days. Now I'm thinking I may have to give up my one fun day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.