• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    h2gwab8hyci2.jpg

both are great books.
  • sjack44
    sjack44 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am re-reading the 'In Death' series by J.D. Robb.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    rlaramee2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm quite the bibliophile myself. I've been crushing at least a novel each week for the past 3 years, and more often it's been 2 or sometimes 3.

Right now I'm just finishing up Brad Thor's Code of Conduct. I was actually waiting on another book to arrive, so I just grabbed this one off the shelf. Didn't realize it was the middle of the series, but it seems to work as a stand alone.

I usually read thrillers, comedies and mysteries, but I'm willing to read just about anything.

I worked at a printing press last year and printed one of his books

Also i am reading "exit west" by moshin hamid and i am enjoying it a loy
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm reading (with my kids) the "Color-With-Me" Adventure series! ;)

hm1c37ptczlw.png
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Next on my list is A Clash of Kings.
  • theritestuff
    theritestuff Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Also - on audiobook -

514Pa3BNjQL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • mellecita
    mellecita Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    51aCTxzbo4L._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This week I finished up Final Girls (Riley Sager, pseudonym for some dude I hadn't heard of previously). It was just okay. It kept me reading, but it's pretty overrated in my opinion.

I just started Emily Culliton's The Misfortune of Marion Palm and I am loving it.
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've got The Origin Mystery series set aside to read on my Bermuda cruise in a couple months - starting with The Atlantis Gene. Currently finishing up Abduction, by Dr. John E Mack, as well as The Disclosure Project, by Dr. Steven Greer. I just bought Spiritual AF by J.P. Sears, which is going to be a hilarious read. Living With Goats by Margaret Hathaway (author local to me) is about to get started as well. :)<3

Side Note - I cannot get into using ipad/kindle for reading, even though it would make traveling with books much more efficient. I still need to touch and feel the book, smell the paper, dog-ear the pages, etc. It's so comforting.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This week I finished up Final Girls (Riley Sager, pseudonym for some dude I hadn't heard of previously). It was just okay. It kept me reading, but it's pretty overrated in my opinion.

It's funny how tastes are so subjective. I finished that last weekend and loved it.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    The A to Z of Victorian Crime

I've only ever enjoyed non-fiction.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    14 by Peter Clines
  • seltzermint555
    Options

It's funny how tastes are so subjective. I finished that last weekend and loved it.

true true!!

It was good - but not nearly as good as I expected. I'm really glad you loved it, because I recommended it to a few people this week and wasn't sure if they would like it. Perhaps they will!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    gorham04 wrote: »
    Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

That's my favorite of her books. I adore her writing. I mostly read thriller/suspense or speculative fiction or literary fiction and I love short fiction as well as novels.

Ah yes!!! Sharp Objects is my favorite of hers too!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Abaddon's Gate by James SA Corey; third book the "The Expanse" series.
  • rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's challenging for me to keep up with most books, but 'Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' by Robert Pirsig has been a nice read so far :)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    _NicLovin_ wrote: »

Side Note - I cannot get into using ipad/kindle for reading, even though it would make traveling with books much more efficient. I still need to touch and feel the book, smell the paper, dog-ear the pages, etc. It's so comforting.

I'm the same way.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I haven't started anything new recently but I've been downloading 100's to my kindle app. I prefer actual books but if it's the difference between boredom or reading.. I'll strain my eyes for a bit of entertainment. I don't watch tv and hate most movies. Reading, writing, and art are my only escapes. Well... there is also mudding which combines all three.. :smiley: