Question about gaining massive amounts of weight in short times.

Options
2»

Replies

• fleecygirl2014
    fleecygirl2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5,5 and I agree 100 percent with that, the biggest issue is that small towns, everyone uses the same doctor and its really hard to get a new one. As for birth control, they all require a doctors note where I live, the clinic is actually where my doctor is located, but yes, the gain usually all sits in my chest and stomach.
  • fleecygirl2014
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Matt_Wild wrote: »
    If you are gaining lots of water very quickly for no reason, and you know you are not eating more than you should you need to see a Dr and ask for blood tests.

Large increases in water for no reason, can be an indication of many issues and so needs a medical professional, not a forum.

I have been? I think you've missed the point in my asking here, nor read my post fully on how i have seen my doctor a few times. I am looking for people with much the same issue to be able to explore other options, I don't know if its the pcos that causes the water retaining? Or if this is something other people have dealt with for perhaps too much sodium. Or even if its pre menopause. My doctor seems unconcerned.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Change doctors. Something is wrong. Look online to find a doctor who specifically treats PCOS.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Consider finding an Endocrinologist if you think you have PCOS. They are better suited to assist with that type of diagnosis and help you find the right medications, if needed. Your GP may just not know enough about the nuances of your potential issues. Good luck.
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When i say i jot things down, i am starting to ensure every bit of salt, pepper and butter and whatnot are added in there.

If you haven't been logging butter, then there are probably a lot more small but high-calorie items you haven't been logging. This would result in weight gain.
  • fleecygirl2014
    Options
    I always add in the butter and sauces actually, or count them with the item i eat, also i log on my phone phone which isn't the same account as here, so I shall start a new one here today. usually eat the same foods over and over so you'll get a good idea very quickly.