Where do I go from here?

Options
Ok I'm now at a bit of a loss. 150lb has been my target for so long that I don't know where to go from here. I could say to go for half my body weight, but that's less than 5lb away. Maybe I should aim for "normal" bmi, but I'm not sure whether bmi takes my obvious muscle mass in to account (and is only 12lb away). Or maybe I should work out some new fitness goals and then take any weight loss as a bonus.

Or maybe I should just take some time to get my head round having lost 10 stone.

Argh!!!!

Bit of background for anyone who doesn't know.
Started weighing 289.5lb in November 2016, lost weight by simply eating less and moving more, no faddy diets, no restrictive diet, no weight watchers style club. My big target, the one not to mentioned at the beginning because of what a mammoth task it was was to get below 150lb. Along the way I discovered a love for challenging myself whether that be lifting, attending high intensity classes or running. Today I dropped below the magic 150lb and although I'm still officially overweight, I've been working towards this goal for so long that I'm struggling to accept that I've reached it.

Looking for ideas on how to set some new goals.
(Photo because despite all the loose skin I'm learning to love the new me.)

xd9zmymxxqab.jpg

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a little break, have a practice run at maintaining and give yourself a chance to think over what you want your next goals to be.

Fantastic loss by the way, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well done!

It took a while for my mind to catch up to my new look. I agree with tinkerbell, maintenance is a trick in itself and you have all the time in the world.

Have you thought about weight lifting competitively? For someone who likes a challenge and still has a bit of weight to play with, I think it would be great fun!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Where you go now is really up to you, but if it were me I'd go for the healthy BMI range. BMI isn't a great measure for muscular men but for women it's a pretty good goal.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Maybe start setting aside money for a "fitness vacation." Climbing, running, swimming... whatever you want to do!