Goal settings for recomp?

Options
Hi Everyone!
I recently started lifting and trying to do a recomp but I have a question about my settings. I have been reading you need to have a small deficit for recomp and I was wondering if I should do 1 pound a week or half a pound a week in MFP settings to get my calorie goal? I am a 25 year old female, weigh 137 and am 5'5". The pound a week setting put me on 1200 calories a day which I was not crazy about and the half a pound put me on 1460 which is much more attainable for me, should I go with the half a pound since I know I will be better able to stick to that?

And I also think I confused the site because I have it set to half a pound now but it keeps switching back and forth between a1200 and 1460 goal every time I log in, is anyone else having issues with the site?

Thanks!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Recomp is typically done at maintenance rather than a deficit. If you're still trying to lose a few pounds then the smaller deficit while lifting is a good idea. You can start maintenance before reaching the scale goal if you are at a healthy weight and you plan on doing recomp.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have been reading you need to have a small deficit for recomp and I was wondering if I should do 1 pound a week or half a pound a week in MFP settings to get my calorie goal? No. You eat at maintenance when recomping.

I am a 25 year old female, weigh 137 and am 5'5". The pound a week setting put me on 1200 calories a day which I was not crazy about and the half a pound put me on 1460 which is much more attainable for me, should I go with the half a pound since I know I will be better able to stick to that? No. Again, if you are recomping, you eat at maintenance

And I also think I confused the site because I have it set to half a pound now but it keeps switching back and forth between a 1200 and 1460 goal every time I log in, is anyone else having issues with the site? No

Thanks!

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!