Rude awakening

Options
I reached my heaviest this month. It's always a struggle to get rid of this weight. I want to have children one day and teach them healthy eatin habits. I would like to meet others who struggle but are not willing to give up. I currently want to loose 70 lbs. I have been doing good this week. I am working hard to get there. Please add me!

Replies

• rebeccachobat
    rebeccachobat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can relate, when I started using myfitnesspal a month ago, I was at my heaviest weight yet (234 pounds) I'm 5'4" and a size 18. I'm down 4 lbs right now, in about 5 weeks but that is just fine by me because this time, i want the weight to stay off. I've yo-yo'd a couple of times and it was all because I'd lose a bunch of weight and then go on a binge that lasted a few months to a year. I'd stop caring and then gain everything back and then some. This time I am taking things slow to make sure the weight doesn't creep back :)
  • drkidd5316
    drkidd5316 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The best advice I have ever received from someone is try to not focus on your big goal. It's great you want to lose 70 pounds but lets not focus on that. Focus on smaller goals. Focus on drinking your water goal each day or focus on something a little bigger as in this month I am going to lose 5 pounds or focus on your workout routine maybe tell yourself you want to add an extra 5 - 10 minutes of cardio three days this week. Make small goals and then crush them. I'm not saying forget about your main goal all i am saying is that whoever you are male or female everyone has to take baby steps. Focus on those baby steps and with some work and time maybe make a little bit bigger steps. Also, track your calories and macros make sure those are on point every day. Try to plan your meals out the night before that way you can play around with what type of food you can eat or how much food you need to add to your meals. Most importantly never give up on your goals or your dreams. You destroy them don't let them destroy you.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Also read all of the Getting Started posts. They have a LOT of info.