MFP calculated calories

Options
ac2662
ac2662 Posts: 47 Member
Hello,
I was just wondering if you all use the calorie amounts given by mfp, of have you calculated your own. TIA

Replies

• LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I use the amount given to me by mfp and have been losing consistently. As long as you enter all your info in correctly it should give you an accurate amount. Good luck!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I use this calculator: https://tdeecalculator.net/ to get a daily TDEE. I do it again each time I have lost a "new pound," like today when I reached 260-point-something for the first time. I then subtract 500, or enough to lose an average of 1 pound a week without exercise, and then eat accordingly. Since I'm pretty sedentary, I'm not going to worry about eating back calories.

I'm recalculating with each pound so the reductions I must make as I lose weight sneak up on me 5 or so at a time.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    MFP calculations have worked AOK for me in both weight loss and maintenance.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I use mfp. MFP expects you to log your exercise and eat those calories back so for me, MFP calculation plus exercise equals what most TDEE calculators give me anyway.
  • ac2662
    ac2662 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks so much for the info ❤️