How to keep track on holiday?

Options
Hey guys!
I just started doing this, and in two or three weeks I'll be spending 5 days on holiday with my family. This means eating out. I won't know what's in my food, I don't know how I'm supposed to keep track of my calories. Of course I'll try to be careful, but my family doesn't really do healthy eating and if I talk to them about this they'll just say I'm obsessing.
So am I supposed to just not register anything and break my streak?? I'm really counting on myself to keep it going until then :)

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat often and just do my best to approximate. A lot of chain restaurants have menus and calories counts online, although there can be a good deal of variation in portion size. Just do your best and make sure to be generous with rounding up.
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat often and just do my best to approximate. A lot of chain restaurants have menus and calories counts online, although there can be a good deal of variation in portion size. Just do your best and make sure to be generous with rounding up.

Yeah, I'll try to find the calories counts online! I'll try to get a few workouts in as well, to help a bit
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead is the key, if you go to eat out then look up the menu and look up what you are going to have before you get there. If you habe access to the kitchen, can still make your own meals. Still log your food that way can help you to stay on track, eg swapping fries for boiled potatos, fried chicken for grilled chicken.....all those lil swaps help. Have fun!