No weight loss after 4 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi guys, yeah, I'm eating around the same as my husband at dinner and lunch. I started off two stone heavier than him (thanks kids) and now he's lost a further 2 stone. I'm not framing my eating in reference to his, I'm going by the recommended calories for 2lb for my hight/weight from my fitness pal. Lol, my inner feminist bristles at the notion I should automatically eat less than him. Anyway, I'm finding this sustainable, I'm not cutting further to see faster results because I won't stick. If there's one thing I'm an expert at it's falling off the wagon face first into a bottle of wine and a burger!

Your inner feminist shouldn't be bristling because at the basic level, women need less calories than men overall. It's not because women are dainty little creatures and should eat less than men. It's because men usually have more muscle mass, less bodyfat, and are taller than women. All of those are factors that impact one's calorie needs. You said you're not framing your eating in reference to his but you already have several times in your posts. If you're eating around the same amount as your husband during lunch and dinner and you don't weigh your snacks like pistachios (no, counting is not as accurate as weighing), the odds are that you're eating more calories than you think.

However, you said this was the first time weighing yourself in four weeks so if you're near ovulation or menstruation that also increases water weight. Enough water weight to offset a month's worth of loss? Likely not, but every person is different. Because women are more prone to water weight fluctuations, it would be in your best interests to start weighing in weekly at the very least. If you're still not seeing the scale budge after a few weeks of weighing in, then you need to cut calories.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    richb178 wrote: »
    Weight is just a number. It is a HUGE deal that you are noticing toning and clothing fit. Those are FAR better indicators of how you're doing than the number on a scale. In addition to everyone else's comments, remember if you're working out you're building muscle mass. It is not uncommon to see no change or even weight gain based on the weight of new muscles.

Yeah, if you are gaining muscle mass and losing an equal amount of fat mass, the muscle will only take up about 4/10 of the volume the fat took, so your clothes may be fitting looser w/o losing weight.

no. that's not how it works.x5w6ala6ie8f.jpg
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    and as someone else said, how much muscle mass do you think a woman is putting on in 4 weeks??