Low carb snacks

Options
I am looking for low carb, low calorie snacks....

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    "nothing" - lowest carb and lowest cal snack you'll get! :D (in all seriousness, I stopped snacking a few years ago and will never go back.)

HB eggs might work for you though
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Atkins bars are amazing! But they have some unnatural stuff in them (sugar alcohols, high fat etc.) but I have used them for years in a pinch and they are unreal how good they are.

Eggs are perfect..
    Almonds are great
    Avocado
    Fruit
    Hummus
    Sliced meat and low cal cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt

Snacking is very highly recommended for a good metabolism. It's just important to keep it very small. That's the hard part.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sausage and cheese skip the cracker. Old Wisconsin sausage has 0 carbs listed on label and I get block cheese and cut it up myself to burn a couple extra calories lol.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks 80cal low carb.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    I mostly did cheese, hot dogs, or hard boiled eggs when I was doing low carb.
  • 24katherine63
    24katherine63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eggs for sure, small amount of light cheese, depends on the grams of carbs your trying to stick with, could have celery sticks, cucumber, radishes,cauliflower cut up...pepperoni slices. Almonds are high in fat and unless you are only eating like 6 of them then I wouldn't bother with them...no sugar added jello cup.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Low carb - low calorie means high protein or high fat with air or water injected for volume.

- Mio flavourings - zero calorie
    - Moon cheese
    - Hard boiled egg

Or you can make peace with carbs when they are paired with fiber to reduce their calorie load. That will give you all the veggies.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    Atkins bars are amazing! But they have some unnatural stuff in them (sugar alcohols, high fat etc.) but I have used them for years in a pinch and they are unreal how good they are.

Eggs are perfect..
    Almonds are great
    Avocado
    Fruit
    Hummus
    Sliced meat and low cal cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt

Snacking is very highly recommended for a good metabolism. It's just important to keep it very small. That's the hard part.

No to the bolded. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant to weight loss - you can eat as often or as little as suits you, but your metabolism doesn't get a "boost" from constant feeding