Shakeology=bad, need smoothie recipes please!

Options
2»

Replies

• hawilliams78
    hawilliams78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. For those that want to know - Shakeology contains chicory root fiber, which in some people causes gas, bloating or "gastrointestinal discomfort". I had the same issue when I tried taking gummy fiber supplements which are also chicory root fiber.

I'm really not that upset, I'm saving over $100 a month by switching.

So I ended up buying Quest protein powder, and now I plan to blend that with all of these great recipes.

Thanks again!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I think you can return it if its within 30 days.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    1/2 to 1 cup (your choice) frozen mixed berries
    1 cup milk
    1 scoop protein powder
  • lostsoulbbw
    lostsoulbbw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to morning shake. It has all the protein I need to fuel my day and it is low carb and optionally vegan, if you follow that woe. (I am not vegan, but I do see the benefits of not eating meat and animal products all the time.)

Robin's Power Smoothie

1-2 cups of fresh baby spinach
    half cup berries of your choice, (i.e. blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries, or a mix)
    2 scoops of Purely Inspired Organic Protein
    1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
    1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger paste (in the produce section, in a tube, for convenience)
    2 tablespoons of No Stir Organic Creamy Peanut Butter (the cheaper the better, as it will have less sugar)
    1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (the cheaper brands don't have caragheenan)
    Ice to fill the rest of the container, but not over full (sometimes I don't add ice at all, esp if the berries are frozen)

I put this all in my Nutribullet and blend until smooth, but if you use a larger blender, you can add more ice.
    The spinach, berries, and peanut butter give you the right low glycemic carbs. The cinnamon keeps your blood glucose in check, which helps fuel weight loss. The ginger helps with digestion and inflammation of your joints. The protein powder and peanut butter give you good protein. And you get the right fat with the peanut butter as well. And the best part? Tastes delish and keeps me full for at least 3-4 hours. And packed with natural vitamins and minerals. Tweak it how you like.

Hope this helps! Good Luck in your Journey!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are a lot of good recipes on www.theproteinchef.co .. It's where I get a lot of my recipes from. Also www.questnutrition.com has some good smoothies.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    2nd recipe:

1 banana
    1 cup milk
    1 scoop protein powder (chocolate preferred, but vanilla OK, too)
    2 tbsp creamy peanut butter*

* I normally prefer chunky PB to eat, but I prefer creamy in smoothies.