Beginners Yoga - YouTube?

Options
I'd really like to try out Yoga! I've never done it before, I have done Pilates though.

Can anyone recommend a good free beginners video on YouTube?

If I like it, I'll go join a studio. Would like to try it out first though at home.

Replies

• Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There's an app called simply yoga. It's great for beginners, free too.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll be trying both out in the morning. App is a great idea I'd not thought of, yoga on the go.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    If you can, go to a few classes first.
    There is no way I could do a lot of the poses corectly if I hadn't had real life guidance first.
    I had done plenty of Pilates in class and at home and found them and yoga different enough that I really benefitted from yoga classes.

Cheees, h.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did Yoga for dummies yesterday. There are 4 parts. I found the first one a bit slow, but it is primarily for relaxation.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I started years ago with Just My Size Yoga with Megan Garcia - Moved on to Adrienne when I lost some weight - but really learned to do everything properly when I went to an in-person class.
    I'm not a very social person though and once I learned what I needed I went back to doing it at home.

I also do Tai Chi and really like Dr Paul Lam. You can find him on YouTube. He goes slowly, which is good for me.

I'm not the most coordinated soul. Both yoga and tai chi have improved that.
  • bluecubby61
    bluecubby61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Easy chair yoga to get started if you have any issues getting up and down or standing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIs9b_7ITM&index=13&list=PL5bc0De_hTCO5Igo3U59ty6fIW9TnlmIz
    Chair Yoga Stretch Exercise Video. 25 Minute Feel Good Flow.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yoga with Adrienne. If you'd like a challenge and want to try barre, lazy dancer tips is amazing
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Most Yoga instructors will give you your first class free. Here is an app (free) that will locate yoga classes near you. Make sure that if you decide to take a studio class that you try different instructors as they all have their own unique styles of instruction and also you may want to do a little research into the different forms of yoga, as there are many different schools and styles.

Check out this link: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/get-the-app

• natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tried Adriennes beginner yoga this morning, she's really good isn't she. Wasn't difficult to follow at all. Didn't realise how scrunched up I must be on a daily basis, my shoulders feel like they've been hunched for years.

That said, didn't get the full de-stressing benefit as my small daughter took one look at me and decided she would climb all over me.

Now I know what it's all about, I will join up at the studio so that I can do it in peace!!