Can't kick soda?

Options
smokinbluegrass
smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Might not have to. They had jars of kool-aid drink mix (with the sugar already added) in the managers' special basket at the store. I noticed a "recipe" on the label.

Add 2 tbsp (17g) to a large glass. Add 1 cup (8 fl oz) cold club soda or seltzer. Stir until drink mix is dissolved.

It's beautiful. Use 25 or 26g to a 12oz can. 92 calories (24.5g of sugar, and some vitamin C) in that 12oz for those times when you "just must."

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I do this with sugar-free powdered drink if I want something different to diet/zero soda. Even less calories!

Sometimes I use lemon or lime juice and sweetener, and even vanilla if I feel like a vanilla soda.

I bet this would work wonderfully with torani syrups!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    The only thing is that this will reduce some carbonation when you stir in the mix, so it won't help those who like soda for the carbonation bite it gives. It might work better with liquid water enhancers instead of the powder (liquids don't give any nucleation points for CO2 to attach to, so it won't lose as much carbonation).
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's still carbonated. Obviously not as much as when you pop the can, but it's by no means flat, either. I drink it all the time.
  • Krby13
    Krby13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Might not have to. They had jars of kool-aid drink mix (with the sugar already added) in the managers' special basket at the store. I noticed a "recipe" on the label.

Add 2 tbsp (17g) to a large glass. Add 1 cup (8 fl oz) cold club soda or seltzer. Stir until drink mix is dissolved.

It's beautiful. Use 25 or 26g to a 12oz can. 92 calories (24.5g of sugar, and some vitamin C) in that 12oz for those times when you "just must."

I could never do this as I feel like seltzer water is one of the grossest drinks I've ever tasted.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Never been able to kick the soda habit, even after developing type 2 diabetes. I might as well be injecting the stuff behind a dumpster in a dirty alley
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cutting down slowly over time?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    There are sugar free sodas and calorie free sodas if that's what you are shooting for. Personally I like both Coke Zero and Pepsi max.