Intermittent fasting

Options
So for the last 2 days I have been intermittently fasting. My meals have not changed at all but the timing of them has dramatically here's my old schedule

Breakfast 5:00 am
Lunch. 12:00 pm
Dinner. 5:00 pm

Now
Lunch. 9:00am
Dinner. 12:00pm

The calories are the same infact the food is the same instead of eating all day I eat from 5 am to 1 pm then fast from 1pm to 5 am. I'm very impressed with the difference it has made

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just curious what time you go to bed and wake up?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    So for the last 2 days I have been intermittently fasting. My meals have not changed at all but the timing of them has dramatically here's my old schedule

Now

The calories are the same infact the food is the same instead of eating all day I eat from 5 am to 1 pm then fast from 1pm to 5 am. I'm very impressed with the difference it has made

What difference has it made?
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    What kind of difference are you seeing? Numbers on scale? More energy, inches lost? Please elaborate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    We want to know what difference it has made!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes, another vote for wanting to know what differences you've seen by doing IF for two days.
  • hendrafellany
    hendrafellany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yo! You'll love the results with IF man. I've been doing it since April 2017 and finally getting the results I want. You're gonna love the progress u make!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Yo! You'll love the results with IF man. I've been doing it since April 2017 and finally getting the results I want. You're gonna love the progress u make!

What progress have you made doing it? (that wouldn't have been achieved eating the same caloric amount spread over a bigger eating window?)
  • igarcia13
    igarcia13 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For me, IF has somehow helped me to feel full with smaller portions. Some days I don't do the IF and I've noticed that those days I get HUNGRY and lazy! So in my case, I've cut a lot of calories without feeling starved.
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yup almost 2 months it's working great for me. No need to explain to anyone how it's working for me. Wanna know try yourself.
  • StephenAshRTG
    StephenAshRTG Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Now

If your considering moving to IF on a more Permanent basis would recommend moving to a 16/8 or the warrior diet protocol

Being doing IF for nearly 15 months now and it's changed my life.
  • StephenAshRTG
    StephenAshRTG Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    The only difference I saw in IF is the fact that during those 8 hours fed state, I would feel full as *kitten* like if I were bulking, but other than that, IF is just a tool to make dieting less miserable...well that's how I felt in my case, I hate eating small meals, IF solved that issue, I still had to make sure that I was in a caloric deficit, IF is no magic fat loss diet even if some people do claim them to be just like the keto fanatics with keto diet or other forms of diet....Diets are only tools to help you achieve a deficit, but they are not the reason why you lose fat, being in a caloric deficit is and will always be.

I love how people get so inspired when someone posts how IF changed their life like were trying to convert them to a cult!

Whilst I agree that IF is not for everyone and yes it isn't the most effective protocol for fat loss but I must say I don't agree with it being called just a diet as it's much more and I certainly don't use it to loose weight.

If you want to loose weight just eat less move more, simple rule of fat loss (calories in vs Calories out) however, if your looking to go beyond "fat loss" and explore how to become a healthier version of yourself then maybe explore other dietary protocols.

I don't do IF because it's the most effective, I do IF because it fits my lifestyle and has some awesome benefits as an added value
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    The only difference I saw in IF is the fact that during those 8 hours fed state, I would feel full as *kitten* like if I were bulking, but other than that, IF is just a tool to make dieting less miserable...well that's how I felt in my case, I hate eating small meals, IF solved that issue, I still had to make sure that I was in a caloric deficit, IF is no magic fat loss diet even if some people do claim them to be just like the keto fanatics with keto diet or other forms of diet....Diets are only tools to help you achieve a deficit, but they are not the reason why you lose fat, being in a caloric deficit is and will always be.

I love how people get so inspired when someone posts how IF changed their life like were trying to convert them to a cult!

Whilst I agree that IF is not for everyone and yes it isn't the most effective protocol for fat loss but I must say I don't agree with it being called just a diet as it's much more and I certainly don't use it to loose weight.

If you want to loose weight just eat less move more, simple rule of fat loss (calories in vs Calories out) however, if your looking to go beyond "fat loss" and explore how to become a healthier version of yourself then maybe explore other dietary protocols.

I don't do IF because it's the most effective, I do IF because it fits my lifestyle and has some awesome benefits as an added value

Long time IFer here. It fits my lifestyle and helps me effectively manage intake and hunger/statiety. What are the added value benefits you are experiencing.