Low calorie meals

Options
SaraJayneChar
SaraJayneChar Posts: 1 Member
I am finding it difficult finding meals that are satisfying but low calorie.
Any suggestions please

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

Lots of delicious meals with calorie counts, lightened up. Ton of variety.
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning. I'm struggling to find high protein low cal meals
  • beggs02
    beggs02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started prepping breakfast burritos. I make them with Jennie O sausage, All Whites 100% egg whites, red & green bellpepper, onion, flatOut multi gran wraps and cheese(optional). They're 280 calories, very filling, low carb( if you minus the cheese) and high protein. I hope this helps.

• cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Check out flavcity on YouTube. A lot of my meal prep are his recipes and I am managing to get a ton of protein in with low calories and they are very satisfying.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    There are meals that are light as they are, but most meals can be made lighter, too. It's probably a good exercise to pick something you like and push the boundaries to see how far can you go in making it lighter while it still tastes good. Some things lead themselves better to this, other things are unfortunately best left unchanged. At least in the future you would know when to carefully allocate calories for meals that can't be made lighter if you felt like having them instead of forcing yourself to chew on a tasteless mess every time thinking that everything needs to be "diet".

You can make a meal lower in calories by adding volume and/or reducing fat. You add volume by adding vegetables (mixing spaghetti with zucchini noodles for example) or water (soups for example). Some things can increase in volume by incorporating air (like popcorn, meringues, or blending shakes for a bit too long) but it's usually a method that doesn't work for most things.

You can reduce fat by using less oil, using methods that use less oil (baking vs frying), using lower fat alternatives (leaner meat cuts), substituting some of the ingredients (Greek yogurt for mayo for example), and so on..

With all methods it's important to experiment for yourself because your tastes and preferences can be different from someone else's. For example I'm completely okay with sweeteners, while some people aren't. I can't do low fat cheese at all, while some people don't mind it.
  • epiclife88
    epiclife88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    www.yummly.com, www.pinterest.com, taste of home recipes, weight watchers recipes and 21 day fix recipes are low calories