what kind of blogs does fitness pal send related , to my email?!!!

levoosayegh
levoosayegh Posts: 37 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
i recieved an email from my fitness pal these health blogs and articles , and i clicked on one that showed that a student was studying Nutrition and had used 2 things to kick off her weight loss , one of them was result garnicia and apple cider vinegar . i was intrested in the whole ready , they even had a section of comments.
anyway few mins later i clicked on another article that was similar about the subject ! and oh my goodness , it was the exact same except it was a guy who "discovered" this combination , and it was another product with apple cider.
they both had the same comment section !
can i really trust the information my fitness pal provides when promoting there blogs ? the diets , exercises ? recipes ?
im honestly in so much doubt now .
if you go on my page , i posted a picture of the article subtitle .

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Garcinia and ACV. Oh, MFP, you're sinking to new lows.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2017
    i recieved an email from my fitness pal these health blogs and articles , and i clicked on one that showed that a student was studying Nutrition and had used 2 things to kick off her weight loss , one of them was result garnicia and apple cider vinegar . i was intrested in the whole ready , they even had a section of comments.
    anyway few mins later i clicked on another article that was similar about the subject ! and oh my goodness , it was the exact same except it was a guy who "discovered" this combination , and it was another product with apple cider.
    can i really trust the information my fitness pal provides when promoting there blogs ? the diets , exercises ? recipes ?

No, the blogs are mainly clickbait, sadly. Once in awhile you'll see a rare good piece, but they are far and few between. :(

If you want the real scoop, just start a thread about whatever you'd like to know about here in the forums which are blessedly derp-free. :)

Edited to add: PS: I can't view your page because it isn't set to public. ;)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Doubt is good. Trusting blindly and not using common sense is bad. Be grateful you realized this :)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I used to receive lots of notification from MFP via e-mail. I decided that they were too controversial, the load of information was too much for my e-mail box and my brain, and many were not related to my goals or need. I modified my notifications and now I don't receive anything. My life is better and my e-mail box is cleaner.

If you want to reduce the amount of e-mails and notifications that you get from MFP, go to Settings and modify the frequency their frequency.
  • snickerscharlie
    Here's another recent thread addressing pretty much the same issue:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10588422/blog-woo#latest
  • snickerscharlie
    Thought I'd mention:

Are these blogs "official" MFP blogs, or just blogs from random members?

Anyone here can start a blog, and can pretty much write whatever they want on it. Not sure why you'd be getting email notifications on those kind, though, because I have my notifications turned off.
  • levoosayegh
    Thought I'd mention:

Anyone here can start a blog, and can pretty much write whatever they want on it. Not sure why you'd be getting email notifications on those kind, though, because I have my notifications turned off.

no its official
  • snickerscharlie
    Thought I'd mention:

no its official

Can you post the links to them here?
  • levoosayegh
    Thought I'd mention:

no its official

i deleted the email , but , add me i posted a picture for when i first saw it
  • snickerscharlie
    Thought I'd mention:

no its official

i deleted the email , but , add me i posted a picture for when i first saw it

You can also post the screenshot here.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I think I would block the source of those stupid ads.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    edited August 2017

Garcinia & apple cider vinegar pitches aren't MFP blog posts. Those are ads. Not sure why you are getting spam ads in your MFP email. I don't. Perhaps report this to Support: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

These are MFP blogs posts:

6dba96f700fab6f9fbb06c2a37c1140d.png

Ad modules are different. I don't know what this looks like on a phone; I'm sticking to desktop because it is free and easy to solve the ad problem there.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thought I'd mention:

Ah, I've shut those notifications off too.

@levoosayegh are you talking about ad modules within email from MFP about blog posts? Posting the picture here would be really helpful.
  • levoosayegh
    edited August 2017
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Thought I'd mention:

@levoosayegh are you talking about ad modules within email from MFP about blog posts? Posting the picture here would be really helpful.

for some reason , its not giving me the option to add a picture here
  • snickerscharlie
    edited August 2017
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Thought I'd mention:

for some reason , its not giving me the option to add a picture here

Are you on your phone? That could be the reason.

Hang on, I'll grab it from your profile.

Edit: Here it is.

b1e1jd46ta27.jpg
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Is the "Sponsored by Online Health and Fitness" line at the bottom indicating an ad?