Swineapple

Options
https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/foodanddrink/the-swineapple-is-probably-this-summer-s-strangest-food-craze-a3604116.html

I know some people are obsessed with bacon - but would you go this far??

Apparently has gone viral on the interwebz.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Have you not had ham baked with pineapple? It's delicious and has been around for a long time. This recipe is just putting the ham in the pineapple rather than the pineapple on the ham. It's hardly "experimental" except perhaps from a presentation point of view.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Gammon and pineapple was an 80s staple in my house!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Had one at a friend's grill out last year. Most awesome.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    YES
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Have you not had ham baked with pineapple? It's delicious and has been around for a long time. This recipe is just putting the ham in the pineapple rather than the pineapple on the ham. It's hardly "experimental" except perhaps from a presentation point of view.

Yes!!

I love how the pineapple caramelizes on the ham as it roasts. My father-in-law likes to add maraschino cherries and cloves as well. It's delicious.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had ham steaks with pineapple ( not my favourite thing though) and I like ham and pineapple on pizzas.

But I haven't seen whole pineapples filled with pork and surrounded by bacon and roasted before.

I agree it is just a variation on an old theme ( aren't most recipes?) with an interesting presentation and a clever play on words name.