Totally different topic

Options
Gibby349
Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
Are you more of a saver or a spender when it comes to money and do you get more satisfaction from saving or spending?

Replies

• CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    90% saver but I'm perfectly willing and happy to spend $$$ on travel/vacations. The 90% saver part has allowed my husband and I to be completely debt free, including our home...which leaves us alot more $$$ for vaca!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Are you more of a saver or a spender when it comes to money and do you get more satisfaction from saving or spending?

I'm a saver, but I have nothing to save.

Also, if it's a "totally different topic" than what this board is for, then maybe find one where it fits?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,494 Member
    Options
    I went out last night and got completely liquored up.

Today, I went back to the same bar and asked the bartender:

"Did I come in here last night, get drunk and spend about five hundred dollars on drinks and loose women?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, you did."

"Pfew, that's good; I thought I had lost that five hundred dollars."

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I try to save but unfortunately I always have to dip into the savings.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'd save if I had anything extra....but I don't so I guess I'm a spender?
  • peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Saver. That's how I was just able to write a check for the entire amount of my daughters first semesters college tuition including room and board. Also have her second semester in savings and am now saving her third semesters tuition.
    I have no debt, I didn't buy my truck until I could pay it all cash. It's easy if you live below your means and don't accrue any debt.
  • fleapowder
    fleapowder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm saver but spend when I feel like it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am much more of a saver. I get more satisfaction from saving.

When I do spend, it's on necessities or things I REALLY enjoy (experiences like trips and concerts) or at least have thought about a lot before buying (furniture, car, splurges). I'm so frugal though, a splurge is when I get the $70 boots and all my other clothes purchases for the past 6 months cost like $4 and under.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    OP, are you trying to find my gold?
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    I'm frugal, so more a saver. Except for our mortgage, we're pretty much debt free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like saving because it feels like an accomplishment, but I also like spending, when I can get a great deal. I admit that I'm a cheapskate. I shop at Thrift stores and flea markets a lot. I won a bid on eBay for a vintage watch for $225, a few months ago, and found out it's worth $3000. That kind of spending makes me happy!! :)