Need support! Size 12, goal size 4. Want to cut out all sugar!

Options
2»

Replies

• Skipjack66
    Skipjack66 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    4 uk or 4 us. Vast difference.

I am confused why this matters. Isn't it all relative? I mean, if the OP started as a size 10-12 in UK and wanted to go to a 4-6 -- wouldn't we assume that was UK? Same if they started with a 10-12 in US and wanted to go to a 4-6 -- wouldn't we assume it was US?

Also - up to the OP what diet she would like to follow. However, I went from a 12-14 to a 6-8 and didn't cut out anything. I tracked calories and started working out more. I also eat chocolate chips on cashews almost every single night...

I think it's the fact that a size 4-6 UK size at 5ft 10 would be pretty tiny, probably underweight.

^^this. A UK 4 is about a US 0

I would agree that aiming for a size "0" US or 4-6 U.K. may not be the healthiest goal for someone 5'10". I'm just a 1/2" shy of 6', and wearing a size 10. I'm definitely someone you'd say was on the "thin" side of the equation. I grew up very thin, underweight actually, and through my teens and early 20s I was 6' and 120lbs. I wore a size 8 and was getting sick a lot, which I think may have had something to do with my weight (no, I did not have an ED).

Fast forward thirty years and a couple of kids and I stayed stable in the low 140s where I was definitely more healthy and wearing a size 10. Menopause hit early and some weight (25lbs) collected on my middle section and I moved up to a size 14 when I was approaching 50. I joined MFP and lost it just by calorie counting and exercise. I'm back to 145 lbs and size 10, wearing my old clothes and feeling like my old self again. However it's not number of the dress size that mattered, it was my old shape (minus the menopot tummy) that I desired back.

I would say that being really tall *usually* means having a broader shoulders and pelvis to accommodate the height. I'd say that OP should just concentrate on getting as healthy as possible and not use a certain particularly small dress size as the goal. Good luck!