Pregnant

Anyone else out there pregnant and trying to stay healthy?

I'm Jessica and I am due Thanksgiving! I failed my glucose test now have to go for the 3 hour. I'm really trying to eat right and keep moving. This app isn't exactly set up for pregnancy but it's so easy to keep track of food and activity.

Replies

• natalieanne33
    natalieanne33 Posts: 2 Member
    Me! Me! I'm super early in my pregnancy but I'm overweight and I am going to actually attempt to not gain and possibly lose weight. I think for the first Trimester, if I stay at 1800 calories and exercise as much as possible. I could actually see some weight loss... What are your goals?
  • jjohns2013
    jjohns2013 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been overweight and was trying to lose before I found out about having a baby. My doctor said I'm gaining normally about a pound a week now. Just have to be eating the right foods nothing processed just fruits veggies protein... it ain't always easy. Good luck to you. Don't be too hard on yourself you'll mostly be water and baby weight if you do gain
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    I am not and never will be pregnant in the future. But I did have gestational diabetes and I encourage you to do whatever you can to avoid that. Drop anything sugar and processed flour--worship vegetables and salads and drink tons of water. Follow every precaution and suggestion your doctor gives you. I gained 7 pounds with the guy you see here but far more important was saving his life and it was a close call due to diabetes. Best wishes to you both.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Me! Me! I'm super early in my pregnancy but I'm overweight and I am going to actually attempt to not gain and possibly lose weight. I think for the first Trimester, if I stay at 1800 calories and exercise as much as possible. I could actually see some weight loss... What are your goals?

I would suggest you discuss this with your doctor first to see if they're okay with you maintaining/losing. Most probably won't be.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I am. If you are interested this groups if fairly active:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

hopefully your doctor gave you some eating advice with your blood work results?

also:
    malibu927 wrote: »

I would suggest you discuss this with your doctor first to see if they're okay with you maintaining/losing. Most probably won't be.

yes, definitely talk to your doctor about trying to lose while pregnant, it is typically not recommended to try to lose weight intentionally, just manage your gain throughout the pregnancy. Try to remember your body is not just about you right now, need to do whats best for the baby too. You have the entire rest of your life to lose weight. While there isn't alot of growth going on in the first trimester, there is a whole lot of essential development going on you don't want to go messing up by not getting proper nutrition.
  • Remilover23237
    Remilover23237 Posts: 39 Member
    I just recently had my little girl and I passed my glucose but it was border line to fail. Meaning I still developed it later in the last trimester it helped when I cut out bread and potatoes the darn carbohydrates get you every time.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 142 Member

Do be sure to talk to your doctor about losing weight depending on how overweight you are the doctor may recommend it. I am currently trying to get pregnant and still work on my health. My doctor said that is it okay to maintain or loose some when we do but not to diet for it. Just eat the right foods, no super hard workout (nothing that wasn't already being done, expect walking as much as I want) but I am 50 pounds overweight so it is best if i try to eat right and stay active so I am more likely to have a healthy pregnancy. I just went off my pills so it may take awhile but each month is a better month to improve my health. Good luck with your pregnancy!