Nutrisystem

Options
Has anyone tried the program or know of anyone that has had success with it? I recently started it along with a much more rigorous workout regimen and was just interested in hearing what others thought!

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the program or know of anyone that has had success with it? I recently started it along with a much more rigorous workout regimen and was just interested in hearing what others thought!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    There is an NS group on MFP...I do NS ...been on it since December lost 43 lbs so far ....best part is the convenience...I work long hours and do not have access to a microwave...so tracking my foods and grabbing them and going...with 10-20 minutes of prep for my veggies and snacks is very convenient for me...for me personally the cost is less than I was spending every month on food for the home, eating out and snacking....even with the veg , etc. add ins you need I'm saving money....I do autoship, which reduces the cost....the shelf stable foods are decent to good...I've heard the frozen foods are very good...I don't do them...it ups the cost and I'm all about thriftiness.....you are not expected to be on NS forever...their goal is to teach you portion control and healthier choices without deprivation.....it's more about eating every 3 hours the right things with a daily treat....not calorie counting as much....I'm successful, it works with my lifestyle, I will continue until I'm ready to prep food on my own...not everyone on the NS group here is doing the foods anymore, some are following the footprint and are also successful....
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've done every diet plan there is, I think.

Nutrisystem is convenient because they do the majority of the cooking for you and it is easy because you don't have to think much or spend a lot of time planning and cooking when you're busy or tired or unmotivated. However, I could not handle the taste of the food. It is horrible. How are you liking the food?

Jenny Craig is similar, but it tastes good. I would not personally, at this point in my life, use either program because I'm pretty picky about what I eat.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I think this is one of the zombiest threads ever resurrected...

30139d1334299885-ript-zombie-thread.png

On the bright side, at least people are using the search function, I guess?
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My issue with this way of dieting is the "pre-packaged" and I worry about all the added chemicals to keep the long shelf life. Anyway, that's just my two cents. Wish you the best.

:)
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options

I just clicked on "recent discussions" and this came up. I guess I should check the date to see what MFP things is recent.

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Had success while doing it. Gained it all back after stopping it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I just clicked on "recent discussions" and this came up. I guess I should check the date to see what MFP things is recent.

Ha, it was the poster before you that resurrected it.

I just thought it was funny. I didn't realize MFP even existed in 2007.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nm