alcohol

Options
so i usually drink a bit on the weekends and i was just wondering if anyone knows if i can save up calories for the weekend.... for example if i dont eat my exercise calories during the week is it ok if go over my calorie intake on the weekends because of the alcohol that i drink?? i had a friend who did weight watchers and she could "save" ponits for the weekend and she would often use them for drinking...but i dont really know...does anyone know??

Replies

• Tammikins
    Tammikins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so i usually drink a bit on the weekends and i was just wondering if anyone knows if i can save up calories for the weekend.... for example if i dont eat my exercise calories during the week is it ok if go over my calorie intake on the weekends because of the alcohol that i drink?? i had a friend who did weight watchers and she could "save" ponits for the weekend and she would often use them for drinking...but i dont really know...does anyone know??
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    wellllllll, ahh, kinda. the problem with alcohol is that it doesn't work in conjunction with other fuel (carbs and fat) it works at the exclusion of other fuel. In other words, if you have alcohol, the body uses that for it's fuel, and stores much of the carbs and fat that is currently in your system instead of sending them out to work.
  • Tammikins
    Tammikins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so when i drink it stores the food that i have already eaten that day instead of burning it? is that what you are saying? i think i get it..thanks!!! in that case what is the best thing to eat before drinking alcohol?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    so when i drink it stores the food that i have already eaten that day instead of burning it? is that what you are saying? i think i get it..thanks!!! in that case but is the best thing to eat before drinking alcohol?

not from a caloric stand point (food takes a while to digest, so if there is undigested food in the stomach, it's gonna be turned to fat mostly), but if there is food in the stomach, I believe it can slow down how fast the alcohol is absorbed into the blood stream which means you won't get "drunk" as fast. I have heard this, but not sure if it's medically accurate. Also, alcohol is a depressant, slowing down body functions (I.E. metabolism)

that doesn't mean don't drink, it means, better not to drink a ton, and to keep it to a minimum as far as days of the month go.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    FOR ME, THE PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL IS THE NEXT DAY WHEN I EAT TOO MUCH AND DON'T FEEL LIKE EXERCISING! PLUS IF I DO EXCERCISE IT ISN'T TO MY POTENTIAL. ANYWAY, I SOMETIMES HAVE A GLASS OF WINE AT THE END OF THE DAY IF I HAVE EXTRA CALORIES. IF I GO TO A SPORTING EVENT OR A PARTY WITH FRIENDS I'M GOING TO WATCH MY CALORIES FOR THE DAY AND JUST DRINK WHAT I WANT AND START OVER THE NEXT DAY. I TRY NOT TO DO THAT A WHOLE LOT THOUGH. PEOPLE DO THAT WITH FOOD ALL THE TIME. THEY SCEW UP AND START OVER THE NEXT DAY. THAT'S LIFE. AS FAR AS SAVING UP CALORIES FROM THE WEEK, YOU PROBABLY COULD BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO KEEP TRACK!