Looking to prove consultant wrong!!

Hi everyone - joined this group because last week I went to see my consultant who is dealing with a chronic condition I have and who said to me "if your chronic condition doesn't get you - your weight will". I am here to prove that neither will "get me".

I've just started yoga for beginners and also Zumba for beginners which I do at home via YouTube. I've also got a passport to leisure card and hope to start swimming soon.

If I am absolutely honest, I do not have the best will power. I don't really like sweet food but love my savoury foods like cheese and best butter!

Got weighed at the hospital last week and I am 147 kg (324llbs or 23 stone) and want to get down to 100 kg (15 stone or 220lbs) to begin with.

If there is anyone out there who would like to lose alongside me - please give me a shout.

Replies

• kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    depending on what chronic condition you suffer from - losing weight may improve or eradicate said condition. good luck on starting! it does get easier, just make sure you have a support system to hold you accountable and stay motivated!
  • Thanks Karahjoy - it won't eradicate my condition but should make it a whole lot better :flowerforyou:

I have my mum and sisters who have promised to hold me accountable and I have no doubt that my mum will baby me but my youngest and eldest sisters will totally hold me accountable - believe me they take no prisoners :laugh:
  • lisquito
    lisquito Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome to the community - we can do it together! :D Sending a friend request so we can cheer each other on!
  • Just remember "Today is the tomorrow you promised yourself yesterday!" This site is great, you should be on your way to a healthier you in no time at all! :)Good luck!