Best workout / exercise machine for...?

Options
Hi guys
I currently do about 1 hour of elliptical training everyday. However I have some loose skin and stretch marks / cellulite on my thighs and butt. Whats the best workout or exercise machine / equipment for toning legs , butt and stomach?
Also , does the elliptical help?
Thank you

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I found that the best thing for my cellulite was lifting heavy weights.
    Years of being a cardio bunny did nothing for it, but switching my workouts to big, compound lifts with a lot of weight has made more of a difference than I ever thought possible!

The elliptical isn't bad in terms of a general cardio workout - it's quite low impact which is good for dodgy knees - but resistance training is useful and may help you reach your body goals sooner than cardio alone!

What do you have access to? A full gym, or a home set up?
  • Cando58
    Cando58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lunges, squats for butt and legs. Russian Twists to whittle down waist. So many exercises out there, do some research and trust me, you'll never get bored.
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    I found that the best thing for my cellulite was lifting heavy weights.
    Years of being a cardio bunny did nothing for it, but switching my workouts to big, compound lifts with a lot of weight has made more of a difference than I ever thought possible!

The elliptical isn't bad in terms of a general cardio workout - it's quite low impact which is good for dodgy knees - but resistance training is useful and may help you reach your body goals sooner than cardio alone!

What do you have access to? A full gym, or a home set up?

I dont have access to a gym. I have dumbells , kettlebells , a weighted hula hoop and an exercise mat at home
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    there is nothing you can do in the gym for loose skin or stretch marks. You can diet to help get rid of cellulite. And you can do any number of exercises for your legs, look up something like strong curves , or nrolfw.