Bodyweight only?

Options
Hi everyone.

So I'm currently looking to lose about 18lb, then I will be in the ideal range for my height. I know it's not set in stone because the muscle to fat ratio matters, but it's just a goal for now.

That being said, I obviously would like to "tone up" as I go along, and just remain fit overall, keep my body healthy. I'm not new to weight loss or Myfitnesspal as I have previously used MFP to lose 40lb. And kept it off for 5 years, and still keeping it off. This is just the last bit, so to speak.

I'm wondering if I would be able to accomplish fitness and "toning up" by doing only bodyweight exercise routines. I don't have access to a gym, nor do I have any equipment (Although later on I MIGHT be able to get some resistance bands, and a medicine ball if things work in my favor, not dumbbells though because I know that you outgrow them fairly quickly). Asking for over the long term.

After my last post I've decided on doing 3 days of full body strength training and 2 days of cardio a week.

I've used Fitness Blender videos before and both trainers suggest in some of them to just imagine you are pushing against something when you do exercises that work with dumbells for instance. Work against yourself when doing a bicep-curl for instance, even without dumbells. Not sure how effective this is...but I can certainly feel some burn if I work against my own strength. And if it works then I might be able to still accomplish something by doing exercise moves I would normally do on gym machines.

This in mind, can you all maybe suggest some channels on youtube that are similar to Fitness Blender?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    And Fitness Blender have a whole bunch of bodyweight only videos. You can search for them easier on their website (which is also free).
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Cans of beans or water filled bottles make good weights .... At my pump class people often squat body weight only. Any exercise is better than none.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    check out suspension training like a TRX. you can go a long way with it.
  • solovino1
    solovino1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    AthleanX sore in 6 minutes...there are a bunch of them.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3NHYjGhAkk
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I second Athlean X. They also have an awesome bodyweight program called Xero which I highly recommend.