Working out

Options
How many days a week do I need to work out? And will intermittent fasting help me loose weight faster?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    IF may help you lose weight faster if it makes it easier for you to maintain a calorie deficit eating fewer meals. Workout out kind of depends on your goal. If you are trying to build strength then 3x/week, if you are trying to improve cardiovascular health then I think the recommendation is 30 min. every day.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can maintain. I can't fast as I get too hungry and then binge. I work out 10-11 hours a week (running). I have one rest day. Your goals, needs, and abilities, will be different. Do what you feel you can keep doing.
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I tried IF and it didn't work for me. I mean, I did notice a difference on my body, I wasn't tracking at the time but I'm sure I ended up consuming less calories if I only ate from 12 to 8 pm (since I struggle with late night snacking). But I love my oatmeal in the morning, I want to get into a diet that I'll be able to do forever, not just for a month