Looking To Lose 75+ lbs

Options
Peace!

I am looking to lose 75lbs (and maybe more if my health permits).

Today is my first day and I am in need of friends and motivation. I am quick to give up and I don't want to do that this time around!

Just a heads up: I had a baby almost a year ago, I have an extremely busy schedule (both work and school), and never have time to go to the gym (even though I have two memberships).

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    That's awesome, welcome! You're gonna love it here ;)
    Focus on tracking your calories, it's the most important part. Then, you can always workout at home. If you choose the right workouts you can burn a few calories in just 20 minutes.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Think about cancelling the memberships for now and putting the extra money towards healthier foods? Honestly, you don't need to work out -- the diet Is the most important part. Incorporate walking more into your day (maybe with your new baby!). I think you'll be surprised at the results!
  • iZKitty5weet
    iZKitty5weet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Diet and upping your activity are key. I've been at this for just under a year and I'm 72 pounds down. Park a little farther away from the store or work. Walk walk walk. Can't preach this enough.

I most definitely want to begin walking more. My goal is to not take the elevator at work. Granted, it's only 3 flights of stairs, but those 3 flights will help!

Congratulations on your loss! You're an inspiration

• iZKitty5weet
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Think about cancelling the memberships for now and putting the extra money towards healthier foods? Honestly, you don't need to work out -- the diet Is the most important part. Incorporate walking more into your day (maybe with your new baby!). I think you'll be surprised at the results!

Will definitely walk more! I pay for one, the other gets paid for by someone else as a gift (I should be nicer and go to the gym lol). But definitely will purchase healthier foods. Any suggestions?
  • iZKitty5weet
    Options
    susanayt97 wrote: »
    Hey!
    Focus on tracking your calories, it's the most important part. Then, you can always workout at home. If you choose the right workouts you can burn a few calories in just 20 minutes.

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions for at home workouts? I can probably incorporate the baby as a weight...he's pretty heavy lol!!
  • NiceSpydr
    NiceSpydr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm re-starting today and have a similar amount to shed. Feel free to add me. I'm rebuilding my friends list and hope to find people who are also looking to spark up motivation.
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would definitely cancel those gym memberships if you are not going. When I don't feel like going to the gym I do a workout at home, usually a YouTube video. I have quite a bit to lose as well, I'll send you a friend invite!
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    susanayt97 wrote: »
    Hey!

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions for at home workouts? I can probably incorporate the baby as a weight...he's pretty heavy lol!!

I use fitnessblender.com! They have all types of workouts, with or without equipment, for all fitness levels! Some of them are pretty hard but it's so great when you finally get it right after a few tries! And the trainers are great people, love working out with them.
    Hahaha I don't know about that, your hands might get pretty heavy and he will slip up :D
  • linawhitacre
    linawhitacre Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What has me going is realizing that time passes anyway so why not do something about losing weight? I feel you, part time job, full time school, and I can't imagine being a full time mom. You got this! :)
  • Jdaiiz
    Jdaiiz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position, I have a 2 1/2 year old babe and work 2 jobs, looking to lose about 50 lbs, I check in and log daily if you wanna friend me :)
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and congrats on making the decision to get started on your journey. I would defo try to incorporate exercise into your already busy schedule....as another poster has mentioned, walking is great. If you get the bus maybe getting off one bus stop earlier and walking the rest of the way, taking the stairs instead...its all the lil changes that add up. Save yourself some money and cancel those gym membership, I do my workout at home, its so much more convenient and there are lots of different programs out there, just find one that works for you. Feel free to add me, im on MFP prob way to much than what I care to admit lol :-)