Breakfast

Options
How important (really) is breakfast? I am soooo not hungry in the morning and eating before 10 am makes me feel like I want to barf. I have 1 cup of coffee when I wake up, then water until I feel hungry enough to eat something. I hear so much about how breakfast is the most important meal of the day ... eat within an hour of waking up, etc. Am I REALLY hurting myself by not eating breakfast?

Stats for reference if it matters:
5'1"
CW: 202
GW: 130

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Not important at all. A lot of people skip breakfast to save calories for later in the day.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not important. Eat when you feel hungry.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am NOT a breakfast person, and lost 80 lbs without it. When I did force myself to eat it, I was hungrier all day and struggled to stay in cals.
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! this makes me feel so much better. I'm tired of people telling me I have to eat breakfast!
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Lots of people skip breakfast (not me, though -- it's probably my favorite meal of the day). You're absolutely fine. I have trouble eating after 5 or 6pm. We all have our preferences. As long as we're eating enough, we're good. :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    The number one difficulty with weight loss is maintaining a caloric deficit. Everything else is just statistical noise. Pretty much everything you do should be targeted at what helps YOU personally keep your calories to a target number that creates some sort of deficit. If that means skipping breakfast, then it doesn't matter how many people who eat breakfast lose weight. Forget people telling you that x, y, or z will lead to weight loss. Only a deficit leads to weight loss.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 5pm. Breakfast is simply breaking your fast, Note the name :p Can be whenever and the only thing it effects is some people are hungry in mornings some arent, Im simply a night eater so i eat at night.