Can't reach the goal, lose wieght help

Options
I want to lose 10KG in 10 weeks. I have been following the diet plan of no ore than 1500 calories a day and keeping all nutrients in line with the plan. The last two weeks I have reduced the Carbs to below 40 grams per day. I go for a run for 30 minutes each morning and a swim of 45 minutes each afternoon. Now i am 29 days on this program and the result is disappointing. I only lost 1 pound. Something is wrong? Feeling better without the carbs thou

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose - what's your height and weight?

How are you logging your intake?

How often do you weigh yourself?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale to weigh what I'm eating, and it was a revelation. I was consistently eating more than I thought I was. You can get a digital scale for around $20. Believe me, that made a difference. Consider measuring your chest, waist and hips now, and then in another month. You may see changes in your shape.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose - what's your height and weight?

How are you logging your intake?

How often do you weigh yourself?

Gotta have this^^^^^^^ for any meaningful response. As a male, 1500 is minimum. But......there is no way to tell whether your weight loss goal is appropriate without the necessary context.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    1dmealing wrote: »
    Instead of doing low-carb, have you thought to try no carbs and no sugar? I can tell you from experience that I am currently doing no carbs and no sugar and in five weeks I've lost 20 pounds. I'm probably a lot heavier than you so that may make a difference but I would suggest you try it! I'm proud of you for not giving up and asking for help. It shows you're mentally on the right track. Stay focused and keep going!
    No carbs no sugar? So OP should have a diet consisting of meat and fat only?

No.

If OP only has 20 kilos to lose, then a 1kilo per week loss is too aggressive. There is not enough information from the OP yet.