800 day streak that's gotten me through my wedding and pregnancy!

Options
AshleyMFitness16
AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
edited August 2017 in Success Stories
Yesterday I hit my 800 day streak of logging into MFP. Those 800 days have gotten me through too many ups and downs to possibly ever count, they have gotten me through my wonderful wedding with all of the festivities that go along with it, and through almost half of my pregnancy. In those 800 days there were days that I ate too much, and days that I ate too little. Some days I logged every bit of food I put in my mouth, some days I didn't log a single bite. Some Sunday's spent meal prepping, some Sunday's spent having fun and not prepping for the week. Lots and lots of 4:15 am wakeup calls to get my butt to the gym, and also lots of shutting that alarm off and going back to sleep. Some days of checking in with the supportive group of friends I've made through this site, and some days of simply just opening up the app so I didn't lose my streak! Those days have shown me challenge groups that I've come to love, some that I didn't stick to, and some that I wish would please oh please come back!! [AMAZING RACE!]
In the end though, it's taught me to pay attention to what you're putting into your body. Even on the days I'm not religiously logging, I'm paying attention to macros and calories - now that doesn't mean at ALL that I'm staying within them, it simply means I'm being mindful of what's in my food. These days have taught me that it's not just okay to have a treat when you want it, that it's important to. They've taught me that you CANNOT live a sustainable life of eating 1200 calories a day, especially if you're going to work out. They've taught me that lifting won't make me look manly, in fact it'll make me love the way my toned muscles look. They've taught me that being a cardio junkie does nothing for me, and although cardio is important to work into your routine, it's not everything. They've also taught me that a calorie is not just a calorie! Nutrients are what matters!! I've grown to love the foods that fuel my body good.
Two statements that have helped me get through these many, many days that I'd like to pass on and hope you all remember when you're having both good and bad days -
Eat to workout, don't workout to eat.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.

This picture on the left is from June of 2015, as close to 800 days ago I could find, the middle picture is from May of this year, right after I found out I was pregnant [5 weeks along], and the picture on the right is from last last week at 18 weeks pregnant. Both the picture on the left and the right I'm hovering around 160 pounds.
h26srlyjbzkv.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!