How do i get my energy back to get my body back on track?

Options
I have gained about 7 lbs recently,i have been really tired.I walk or ride my bike everyday.But after about 10 minutes or so I just get so tired,i try pushing thru it,i just don't have the energy like I did.I started at 187 lbs,i got down to 151,but about a few weeks ago it started were I would get tired,this I have gained,i am 158.My goal is 137.I am also a picky eater,don't like a lot of veggies and a few fruits.I have had colon cancer so part of my colon is gone and I have a lot of bathroom issues that I know also affect my weight gain.I can't have dairy and I need to eat gluten free but it's hard sometime,ieverything is so expensive, so anyways I am open to suggestions.Thanks.

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free and I am poor AF. I look for deals on meat (make sure the meat you buy is not fortified with broth), lots of vegetables and fruits, but with part of your colon gone it may be hard to digest those things. Have you spoken to a nutritionist about what you can and can not eat?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    If I'd been treated for colon CA, I'd ask my doc what to eat, and eat that. If you need to expand from picky, you can work on that.

You also mention expense. When I changed my eating, it seemed that the price did go up. Do you mean expensive in uncomfortable paying more, or as in don't have it? If you can improve your situation by paying more, pay it if you have it.

Are you tired on your bike ride because you need a pre ride snack?